Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Anchor Holds...

"...I have fallen on my knees as I faced the raging sea, the Anchor holds, in spite of the storm..." We're sitting here, smack dab in the middle of thunderstorms, heavy rain, lightning, strong winds, and tornadoes this morning. My little Daisy is snuggled up beside me, scared to death of the weather. It reminds me that we don't have to be afraid when the storms of life come against us. We have an Anchor in the storm.
"But He said to them, 'Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?' Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. So the men marveled, saying, 'Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?'" Matthew 8:26-27

Thank you, Lord Jesus, that you are my Anchor in the storms of life. I can trust You to calm the winds and stop the seas that rage around me. Yes, Lord, the Anchor holds. Amen and amen.
If you've never heard Ray Boltz sing The Anchor Holds, you're missing such a treat. Read the lyrics at the bottom of the page. You'll be blessed.


No comments: